Sweet Sausage and Sauerkraut Crock-pot Recipe great for people that Do Not like Sauerkraut
It’s Apple week at Upside Down Kids and we want to share some great recipes with you. What comes to my mind when I think of cooking with Apples are things like apple pie and other desserts but one of my favorite apple recipes is something a friend of mine’s mother made for me once, Sweet Sausage and Sauerkraut. Now I know this sounds terrible and some of you may say “oh sauerkraut? Yuck!” but once you try it this recipe will change your minds! I make this all the time and my husband hates sauerkraut and he eats it without a problem. My Uncle can’t even stand the smell and when he tried it he had seconds! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?! I promise if you give it a chance you will love it!
Crock-pot Recipe Sweet Sausage and Sauerkraut
1 lb. Polish sausage links
3-15 oz. cans of sauerkraut drained and rinsed
4-6 Small apples (I used Macintosh because it’s my favorite)
¾ cup brown sugar
4 Tbs. butter
1. Wash apples, core, and slice.
2. Drain sauerkraut and rinse really well. This step is key to get rid of the sour flavor.
3. Put sauerkraut, polish sausage, and apple slices into Crock-Pot
4. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of all ingredients.
5. Slice butter into half tbs. chunks and spread out over top of brown sugar.
6. Cover with lid cook 4 hours on high.